When we have to store emails with numerous attachments one at a time, it becomes tedious to get numerous emails. To retrieve attachments from several Outlook emails simultaneously, there are numerous straightforward hacks available.
The most practical method of sharing data files with other people is via email, both sending and receiving. As a result, the email tray becomes a permanent file storage location and, over time, causes storage capacity limitations. So, my question is: Do you frequently share data files using Outlook with your clients or business partners? Does your email contain many attachments?
If the answer to both of these questions is yes, you should also consider minimising the storage of your data files since these large attachments are slowing down your Outlook. In this technical manual, we’ll explain some straightforward methods for extracting attachments from Outlook emails and saving them to a folder in a single go.
How to Save Outlook Email Attachments
In this blog we will discuss few methods to extract attachments from Outlook emails n a few simple steps. To know more about it, read the article to the end.
1. A Proven Method to Batch Extract Attachments from Outlook Emails
With the aid of Outlook Attachment Extractor, users may easily and quickly extract attachments from Outlook emails and other data items. The software’s biggest feature is its ability to let users extract attachments not just from PST files but also from OST and MSG files. Additionally, it may extract attachments in bulk mode from Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007 and earlier versions.
Here are a few of the software’s Outstanding features:
- created to remove attachments from Outlook files, including PST, OST, MSG, and BAK files
- Using Add File (s) & Add Folder, add individual or multiple Outlook data files.
- offers the choice of extracting attachments from specific or all folders.
- an option to remove attachments from specific Outlook mailbox items
- Utilize the date filter option to only save specific attachments from Outlook.
- provides the option to exclude or include Outlook attachments based on their file type and size when
- extracting attachments from Outlook emails
- Take advantage of different naming conventions to save detachable attachments.
- support for all Outlook and Windows operating system versions
Steps to Extract Attachments from Outlook Emails using the Attachment Extractor tool
1. Install and launch Xtraxtor Outlook Attachment Extractor tool on your Windows.
2. Click on Desktop Email Client >> Outlook Account >> Configured Outlook Account.
3. Click on Extract and choose Attachments.
4. Browse the saving location and hit on the Save button.
Done! Here you extract attachments from Outlook emails in a few simple clicks without any data alteration.
#2. Remove Attachments From Your Outlook Inbox
The ability to extract and store every attachment from a single Outlook email is offered by Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how to save several attachments from Outlook:
Note: This technique can be used to extract attachments from a single Outlook email at a time.
1. Open a certain email that has several attachments in the Outlook programme.
2. Toggle an attachment selected and click its right button. the ability to Save All Attachments
3. Select an output attachment destination and click the OK button. Hit “OK”
#3. Utilize a rule to extract attachments from Outlook emails and place them in a folder.
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA IDE in Microsoft Outlook and extract attachments from various Outlook emails.
2. Expand the screen’s left side until you reach the Modules area, and then type the following code into that section.
Note: If Modules doesn’t already have a Module item, you can add one by selecting it with the right mouse button or by choosing Insert >>. Module
3. Paste the script below into the primary VBA window.
Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk (itm As Outlook.MailItem) Dim objAtt As Outlook.Attachment Dim saveFolder As String saveFolder = "c:\temp\" For Each objAtt In itm.Attachments objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName Set objAtt = Nothing Next End Sub
4. Close the VBA IDE window to enable attachment extraction from numerous emails. Calendar 2016
5. You must now develop a Rule that will execute this script. Click Tools >> Rules and Alerts >> New Rule to do this.
6. To address the how to extract attachments from Outlook emails in numerous emails problem, select the ‘Check messages when they arrive’ option in the new wizard.
7. You may specify the requirements that the messages must adhere to. To search the string for storing just text files, use the “with particular words in the message header” and “.txt” options.
8. Select “run a script” and then click “script.”
9. Press the Finish key. Send a new email to your Outlook account with several attachments to see if the rule to extract attachments from multiple emails is effective Office 2010
Rules For Email Extraction
The preceding email may be overwritten if you receive more than two with the same file name. To avoid this circumstance, use the following code with “dim”:
Dim dateFormat dateFormat = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd H-mm")
After that, substitute the following code line for “objAtt.SaveAsFile”:
objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & dateFormat & objAtt.DisplayName
Use the following code within a “For Each” loop as opposed to the code above to extract attachments from Outlook emails’ inboxes and place them in a specific folder type:
if InStr(objAtt.DisplayName, '.xml') Then objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName end if
How can I remove attachments from several Outlook emails? Many users of Microsoft Outlook check for this answer frequently each day. If you are among those who want to save Outlook email attachments, then this article offers the best solution for you. We developed this article taking this into account. Here, we’ve covered several ways to extract attachments from Outlook emails at once. Therefore, users will no longer struggle to remove attachments from the Outlook application.