You ever wondered how to tell when your mountain bike tires are worn out? I am sure you don’t want to be caught riding on a worn tire because it will lead to serious accidents. So, what should you do if you have worn out mountain bike tires? If you are worried about your tires, then it is the best time to buy new ones. But if you are not in the position to buy new tires, then you can follow some simple tips to find out when your mountain bike tires are worn out.
Tips To Know When Your Mountain Bike Tires Are Worn Out
1. You can feel it You may not be able to hear it but you can definitely feel when your mountain bike tires are worn out. If your tires are worn out, then you will notice that the tire is dragging on the road. If you want to find out when your tires are worn out, then you should look for these symptoms.
2. Your tire will squeak When you ride on a road, you will feel that the tire is dragging. If your tires are worn out, then it will start squeaking and it will sound like a loud noise.
3. Your bike will start making noise If you have worn out tires, then it will make a lot of noise while riding. If you have the right kind of tires, then you won’t feel any noise.
4. You can hear the noise If you ride on a rough road or if you ride in the mountains, then it is easy to hear the noise that your tires make.
5. You can smell something funny When your mountain bike tires are worn out, they will start making a different smell than a new tire. You will get a bad smell if your tires are not properly inflated and you will get a sweet smell if they are properly inflated.
How Often Should You Change MTB Tires?
If you are using a bike for daily use then it is better to change your tires every 6 months. But if you are using a bike for recreational purpose then it is better to change your tires after every 2 years.
You need to maintain your bike by washing it regularly, changing the oil and cleaning it. It is also advisable to use a tire dressing on your tires as this will help you to avoid getting bald spots on the tires.
I hope these tips will help you to know when your mountain bike tires are worn out. It is very important to take care of your mountain bike tires as it will save your life if you ride on a worn out tire. it will save your money and will make your mountain bike tires last longer. If you are not aware of how to check the wear of your tires, then this article is for you.
The best time to replace your mountain bike tire is before they are completely worn out. You can do this by simply checking the tread depth of your tires. You can check the tread depth of your tires by inserting a tire gauge in the tire.
The tread depth of your mountain bike tire is the distance between the highest and lowest point on the tread.